Federal Grant Writing 2012 for Minorities and Women
Free Audio Conference and Upcoming Workshops
Using the RAM (Researching, Applying and Managing) format, this is a hands-on class to encourage and help minority and women-led nonprofit organizations get their fair share of
(1) Research and compiling upcoming 2012 federal grant opportunities
(2) Maneuvering through CCR and Grants.gov--Let's cut through the government registration process!
(3) The submission process
(4) Federal RFP Proposal Overview and "Breakdown"
(5) Making Your Proposal Meet the "Public Interest" Test with an in-class graded Needs Statement.
(6) Reviewing a successful funded government grant.
(7) Information on obtaining a position as a federal grant reviewer and earning income.
(8) Proven methods of compliance with federal agencies, once grant has been received.
(10) Lots of extras!
1) Materials in a Personalized Binder
2) Snacks and Refreshments
3) Certificate of Completion
After this Course, you will:
1. Have a comprehensive listing of upcoming 2012 federal grant opportunities.
2. Know the opportunities for minority led and women-owned nonprofits, which are underrepresented in federal grant submissions and awards.
3. Have a special skill set and insider knowledge which will allow you the opportunity to obtain funds from the largest source in America for public funding: The federal government.
4. Be prepared to submit federal grant requests for 2012.
"This training was a part of our yearly professional development. I believe I learned more with this private source than actually working within my government agency."
Sarah Monalto, Program Officer, US Department of Education
"I took the Grant Writing Workshop and walked away with so much information I have already started my first grant. With this training I am now armed to help my local community and the organizations I serve in The City of Norcross. "
Arlene P. Beckles MPM, PMP - Norcross Arts Alliance
"This is a must do course for any person involved with any facet of the nonprofit world."
Michelle Knight, Old National Highway Business Association
Federal Grant Writing Class
Friday, October 21, 2011
9:30 am - 1 pm
Location: 235 Peachtree Street, Suite 400
Atlanta, GA 30303
Parking: Street Parking on Harris Street or in the lot on Harris Street for $5.